Randal Johnson, Executive Director
For information or to make a referral, you may call:
Sarah Johnson, R.N. Kimberly Sibo, R.N. , Alaliah Ross, R.N., Carol Silcox, R.N. and Regina Short, L.S.W.
CHIEF RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE STAFF:
A. Coordinate the health, education, and nutritional care for the RFTS eligible pregnant woman and infant.
B. Increase the pregnant woman/infant's and the family's knowledge regarding the importance of quality health care.
1. Communicate with the client/infant and the family concerning the values of self care.
2. Plan with the client for perinatal care/pediatric care.
3. Plan with the client for participation in WIC for nutritional needs, counseling and food supplements.
4. Models and teaches problem solving skills.
5. Plans with the client for receiving a postpardum exam and family planning services.
6. Plans with the client for support system.
7. Plans with the child for receiving well child visits and immunization services.
C. Advocates for primary needs of the family, including, but not limited to, food, shelter, safety, crisis intervention, transportation assistance and child care.
1. Advocates for the child is in the community.
2. Intervenes immediately when mother or child is in unsafe environment.
3. Intervenes in times of crisis.(Exception: for incidents of child abuse/neglect. These must be reported by telephone to Child Protective Services, the Child Abuse Hotline, or local DHHR office.
D. Use appropriate referral and follow-up procedures to acquire necessary resources for the client.
1. Establishes cooperative agreements and contracts for referral on the local level.
2. Coordinates services for all disciplines.
3. Communicates with medical care providers.
4. Refers very low birth weight, preterm infants' parent to SSI. (if not referred by hospital at birth.)
5. Monitors receipt of services.